Alaska Sports Hall of Fame
AT Publishing & Printing, December 2011
Foreword by George Attla
In the bookforeword, George Attla writes, “Always give your best to all that you do. To be the best you can be is a mind-set.” The legendary sprint sled dog racer, who is an icon of calculated discipline, highly developed intuition, and toughness, shares what he knows about being a winner in sports and in life.
ASHOF Book Attla Foreword (PDF 2.3 MB)
New Chapter: George Attla – Class of 2007
George was inducted into the Alaska Sports Hall of Fame in 2007.
Read article by Lew Freedman: http://alaskasportshall.org/inductee_pages/7_1_attla.html
George Attla believes in the Alaska Sports Hall of Fame (http://alaskasportshall.org/):
- In its MISSION to teach and Inspire Youth: To promote a healthy youth population by providing activities that will inspire children to strive for the success in their own lives.
In its Objectives:
- To cultivate a greater sense of cultural identity among the people of Alaska
- To promote fitness and health awareness
- To promote a healthy youth population by providing access to positive role models
- To act as an advocate for all positive attributes of sport in Alaska